Search

2009-04-09

Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea - Japanese Press Book










Now here is something that I would love to see here in the States: the Studio Ghibli press books. In addition to some truly spectacular artwork, there is extensive writings and commentary by the filmmakers and actors and even a few words by the director himself. This is just the sort of thing that should be compiled into one large coffee table book.

Does anyone from Viz Media read this blog? Start making some phone calls! Then contact me when you need somebody to write an introduction. I'd be more than happy to help out.

There isn't much to say about the Ponyo press book. It looks terrific, the color photography is excellent, and I'm left once again with another piece of Ghibli history that I have to import from Japan. I'll just leave it to you to enjoy the brilliant artwork from the movie (click to enlarge).

I wonder if I could get that panoramic centerfold in a large poster format? Now that would be just specatacular. How many weeks is to until August arrives?

No comments:

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover