Search

2009-06-11

Photos - Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves






Can you believe I forgot that I downloaded this movie? Fortunately, I snapped a lot of screenshots to share, since it's such a rare movie. It's really wonderfully funny and goofy, and Miyazaki fans everywhere should watch it at least once or twice. And, of course, it's impossible to look at this big pink Genie without thinking of Dr, Suess.

I don't really have any agenda or method for these shots. I'm just showing a variety from across the movie. Don't forget that you can download it ("Ali Baba's Revenge," the old dubbed version) from the Download section.

7 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

Too bad it looks like BoxTorrents is no more.

Though it looks like through whatever means, the torrent may be up on this place..
http://www.bakabt.com/

Too bad I don't feel like being a member there to find out where the torrent is, but if you can help me with a link, that would be nice!

Anonymous said...

Just change boxtorrents to bakabt and you will arrive at the same page.

Anonymous said...

oh and in case you were wondering, boxtorrents is bakabt. In short, some disagreements and the owner steped down so they changed url's.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Thanks for letting me know. I figured it out for myself earlier!

Anonymous said...

The new link is:
http://www.bakabt.com/torrent/131501/Ali_Baba_and_the_40_Thieves_(Alibaba_s_Revenge_EngDub).html

neo1024 :)

Daniel Thomas MacInnes said...

Thanks for providing the links. I see that the name change reflects some backstage drama - "baka" is the Japanese word for "idiot" or "stupid." I'm just glad they weren't shut down. But given the nature of the internet today, such efforts are futile. Shut one site down, and a dozen take its place.

Chris Sobieniak said...

That's how I view the matter too. At least it's not gone for good.

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover