Search

2014-11-17

Photos - Horus, Prince of the Sun (2014 DVD)


If you've been wondering where I've been lately, here's your answer. I have been working on Horus, Prince of the Sun, Isao Takahata's groundbreaking 1968 anime masterpiece.  This DVD will be released by Discotek Media on December 23 in the United States.

What did I create for the Horus DVD? Damn near everything. Apart from the audio commentary by anime scholar Mike Toole, and two video interviews with Isao Takahata and Yoichi Kotabe (taken from the 2008 French Horus, Prince du Soleil DVD), I created all the disc's features.  I wrote and edited the new subtitle translations, all of the special features, recorded an audio commentary track (while battling the worst case of stage fright in my life!), contributed to the menu layout design, and assisted on the cover design. Finally, I wrote the official press release and content for Discotek's Horus DVD page, and the product pages for Amazon and Best Buy.

These following screenshots accompany the press release, which I posted in full in the previous post.  I'm now sharing those screenshots with you here on Ghibli Blog.  My apologies from being away from the site so long. I'll get back to work now!  Enjoy the screenshots, which lie after the jump!







6 comments:

Telamonides said...

Any links to the amazon page? I cannot find it by searching amazon.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see that your still alive Daniel! :) Thanks to you, I first discovered this movie about five years ago and it has become one of my favorites. (Your site was also one of the inspirations for my own small animation history/review blog.) I will be sure to order my copy this December!

Unknown said...

Congrats on all the hard work! I'm looking forward to it. (Though it'd still be great to see an HD release...)

Daniel Thomas MacInnes said...

I sent in my homework to Discotek for the Amazon page. I agree that it needs to be updated ASAP. Also, Best Buy has a placeholder page that needs to be updated. I'll keep on it.

There are currently no plans for a Horus Blu-Ray, but rest assured that if one is announced, I will be working on that project, and there will be new, additional features exclusive to BD. But, for now, there is only the DVD.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the hard work! I will be picking up a copy on Day 1 for sure! Super glad to know the site will be back up and running too. I think I've checked it every day. :)

Klonoa said...

Is the video sourced from the new blu ray? Just curious.

Also, will the final cover have that awful part where it says the Little Norse Prince name? I've never been keen on that name, so to see a film with two names slammed on the front will be jarring for me.

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover